04 November 2006

Film...it's a different world

Well, it's 1:23 am on Wednesday Morning and I'm still on set. I was here at 6:00am and I still have a 45 minute drive home. We're having "“Transpo" problems. That means that there are 10 vehicles that have to get from one place to another and only 5 drivers. And those drivers have to go about 40 minutes round-trip. And, since I'm Locations, I'm the last one out. I have to wait until everyone is gone before I can leave, turn off the lights and be able to say that I left the place in good condition.

Needless to say, I'm a little grumpy about it.

Things are going a lot better for me now that we're actually shooting. Production is a lot like Tech, only longer and with TONS more stuff! There's the mad rush to get ready for rehearsal and then the waiting around for them to set the lights, then going with the scene and then doing it over again or moving on to another mad rush. One of the positive differences is that there is a constant supply of food. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. But food nonetheless.

I do have to say that everyone works really hard and there are no slackers at all on this picture. And, since I'm busy taking care of the physical location, I don't get the opportunity to see much of the acting, so I can't form an opinion on that. We have this nice guy named Ryan Kwanten and Mischa Barton comes tomorrow. Ja Rule is also in it and I think we're getting Bo Bridges to play the dad. So it should be interesting, to say the least.

Okay, I'm napping until the transpo team get here.

More on film abbreviations later.

No comments: