29 November 2006

Are They Looking At My Butt?

There's a climbing wall at a local community center here. I thought it would be fun to look into taking a class, so I asked about it. They aren't giving classes yet, but will be doing so soon. And they will have a women only class in addition to a coed class. Now call me crazy, but if you're sweating and climbing and the only thing keeping you from hitting the ground if (or when) you fall is a person on the other end of the rope, wouldn't you want a sturdy man on the other end of that rope? I mean, who cares if he's looking at your butt? Everyone is looking at your butt! It's 15 feet in the air!

I think that I'm not typical in my thoughts towards exercise and, especially my thoughts toward doing something as new and exciting as climbing. My goal would be to learn to climb, get to the top and do it safely and well. I would be concentrating on where my feet and my hands are going not who is looking at my butt. And since when do men really care what our butt looks like, especially in that harness? It's not the most flattering thing in the world. He really only cares if it's naked or wrapped in lace panties. Otherwise it's just that stuff at the top of your legs; legs that are working really hard on finding that next foothold and keeping you from falling. So I say forget the women only classes and bring on the full-blown all men and women all the time wall climbing class!

No comments: