20 December 2007

I'm a Shopping Queen!

Remember the money my brother gave me to buy new clothes? Well, I have spent a total of 12 hours shopping for these new clothes. Last week I spent 7 hours on Friday looking for the perfect black dress. I didn't find one that day after trying on at least 30 dresses. By the time I left the mall I was delirious and hungry. I couldn't make a decision to save my life. This one was too dressy, this one was not dressy enough. I'm not IN LOVE with it. I found one that I loved, but they didn't have it in my size and told me it didn't come in my size! It's a sad thing when you lose 2 sizes and the perfect dress doesn't even come in the second most common size in the US. I finally gave up (something I should have done 3 hours earlier) and went home.

The next day I decided I would buy a skirt & top. Found a cute skirt (after trying on 6 dresses at Steinmart) and headed off to the mall (again) for a top. I'm back in the same department store, skirt in hand, with 3 tops that might work and the fitting room is in the area where I tried on dresses yesterday. "Oh, what the hell, I have a fresh eye today, let's look for another dress or two to try on." I grab a couple that look interesting and head for the dressing room.

First I try on the tops with the skirt I brought with me...meh...nothing to write home about. So I move on to the dresses...there was one in particular that I was saving for last because I really liked it and wanted it to fit and look good...a sweet little dress with a lace bodice and silk chiffon skirt...the other two were okay but the last one fit me like it was made for me. I couldn't believe it. I looked in the mirror and said, "I know I tried you on at least twice yesterday, why didn't I want you? You're perfect?" I can't describe how great I look in this dress and it's a grown-up dress that doesn't make me look like I'm 57. When there's an occasion to wear it, I'll be sure to post pictures. Now, why would I want a black dress that I have no reason to wear at the moment? Well, every woman should have a little black dress and should someone invite me to a fund raiser or a gala, I will be prepared....and did I mention that the dress was marked down from $115 to $57.50 AND an extra 30% was taken off at the register....the perfect dress for only 40 BUCKS! You know what that means, don't you? That I still have $60 to spend.

Flash forward to today. NY & Company is having a 50% off everything sale...another outfit for $40...The perfect white shirt and a great pair of gray pinstripe pants. I cleaned up!!!! And I look Awesome! Two classic outfits for under $100! My brother will be so proud. I'm wearing the pants and top to the family Christmas gathering on Saturday. He'll be able to see where half of his funds went.

No comments: