01 December 2007

Gone All Pear Shaped

So I was watching Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America the other day and he said something that made me fall off the chair laughing. In referring to the fact that the kitchen and staff had just fallen apart, he said it "had gone all pear-shaped."

All I could picture was this animated pear with skinny little legs and arms trying to re-arrange it's shape into something other than a pear....Lifting the rounded part, hoping that it will stay up, releasing it and it just falling back down into a pear shape. Lift.....Bloop.....Lift.....Bloop

(These are the times that I really wish I could draw so that I could illustrate the picture that phrase calls to mind.)

Well, at least Holley thought it was as funny as I did.

So I am going to start using the colloquialism as much as often...that and "This area is nice" in a weird French accent a la the dog in the Cannon camera commercial.

No comments: