12 November 2007

5 Shows in 3 Days

Last weekend I went to Barter Theatre to catch the Fall Rep shows before they closed. I had a blast!

First of all, I was able to spend time with Mike O & Katy. We spent more time together than usual am very grateful for their hospitality and friendship. I've come to love Mike's guest bed...a queen-sized, VERY FIRM mattress. And they both are very gracious hosts. We had breakfast together every morning--oatmeal, my favorite--and Mike had coffee available even though he is cutting out caffeine.

I also caught up with some other friends at Barter and they are becoming fewer and fewer simply because, as we all do, they have moved on. It was good to see those I knew and to make the acquaintance of new, extremely talented, people.

Speaking of which, the shows were great. It's so good to enjoy a show and watch it with a critical eye without the back story of my personal experience with the specific actors or the rehearsal process to color my opinion. And I have to say that all at Barter Theatre do fantastic work. I am very proud to call myself a Barter Alumna. And am most proud of the courage and creativity that is so abundant there, especially with the Barter Players who do no less than perform miracles on a daily basis.


No comments: