16 August 2007

Twelve Pounds

In FOUR WEEKS. Woo hoo! I'm going to be so buff in two more months. Even though I don't want to do it, I'll post the before and after photos....The Before is pretty sad.

And, I've learned a little something new about myself through this process, so far. It's something that I've known, but haven't had it put to me quite this way. I'm a rescuer. This may be a good thing in some situations (the reason I did so well at Barter when I was ASM and backstage during tech, etc.) but when it comes to relationships...not so good. I have thought of myself in this capacity before but I didn't use that word: Rescuer. I used "people-pleaser" and "co-dependent enabler" but "rescuer" puts it into perspective for me. Now all I have to do is learn how not to be one and to gain the tools required. Piece of cake.

Did someone say cake?

No comments: