05 June 2007

Letter Writing

I've found an outlet for my need to write letters. REAL Letters that go through the postal service and are delivered to mailboxes and everything.

There's this website called The Letter Project. Rick started it because he enjoys writing letters and knows how fun it is to get real mail. So all you have to do is request a letter and he'll write one to you. I first saw his link on Post Secret and the idea really intrigued me. So I sent him a book of stamps (if you want to help out, that's a really good way to do it) and asked if he needed help writing. As it turns out he did. And, after a 45 minute phone interview, he agreed to let me be one of the few people who gets to write letters to those who request them. Cool, huh? I have written 4 letters so far and have a goal of at least 5 to 7 letters a week. There is a backlog of thousands of requests, so that's only a drop in the bucket. It's really an exercise in creative writing and also gives me a chance to improve my penmanship.

No comments: